Best Hawaii Beachside Restaurant?
About Michel's At The Colony Surf
If you don’t visit Waikiki on your Hawaii trip, you’d be missing out. While guests love the beaches and restaurants on Oahu, locals flock to this area to dine out, too. It’s difficult to pass up the lovely oceanfront location coupled with the numerous places to eat on Oahu. Allow us to tell you about Michel’s At The Colony Surf, one of the famous places to eat on Oahu.
Michel’s At The Colony Surf is commonly referred to as Waikiki’s most romantic place. If you’re up for experiencing old-school French dining with a beachside view, then this place is for you.
Michel’s first opened in 1962. It is constructed and designed with stone and wood. Over the years, it became a famous destination restaurant for international celebrities.
Open Table chose Michel’s as the only Hawaiian restaurant to make it in their list of Top 100 Romantic Restaurants in America.” Michel’s was also named the “Most Romantic Restaurant” and considered to have the “Best View Restaurant” by the 2020 Hale ‘Aina Awards.
While its roots go back for decades, it is still one of the local’s favorites today. If you’re planning to get that table with the best view, we suggest you call weeks ahead to reserve.
What To Eat
For elegant dining, check our Michel’s at the Colony Surf, with one side of the restaurant facing the beach. Imagine eating great food while listening to the music of the waves pounding on the shore.
Michel’s serves classic French favorites with a twist. Some of their best-sellers include garlic escargots and Chinese-style steamed pink snapper or onaga. They are also famous for their yellowfin ahi tartare and mustard-crusted rack of lamb.
Other recipes included in their menu are grilled Maine lobster with vinaigrette and Kurobuta pork shank paired with lobster risotto. You can also order Caesar salad, and steak tartare.
What You Should Know
- You can visit Michel’s, one of the places to eat in Oahu, seven days a week. They’re open from 5:30 PM to serve their guests dinner. Michel’s serves brunch during the first Sunday of each month.
- They’re also open for reservations for private parties. While it’s best to book a reservation, you can still come in without one provided they still have vacant tables.
- You may also enjoy open-air dining that provides a romantic view of the beach and sunsets.
- They offer a full list of cocktails, martinis, and more than 200 wines, with choices of full and half bottles.
- Listen to their live jazz music, strolling musicians, or classic guitar songs.
- They accept all major credit cards.
Book A Limo Today
Make your trip to Oahu memorable and convenient. Book a Hawaii limo charter with us for a private tour around Oahu and enjoy the view, cultures, activities, and famous places to eat on Oahu like Michel’s At The Colony Surf.
If you’d like a private Oahu tour, you can book a limo charter or tour with us. Call (808) 650-5050 to reserve or learn more.